Monday 11 March 2013

Military Monday - Barnsley Soldiers in the First World War

Now there's serendipity, a daily blogging prompt that just happens to suit what I'm doing anyway.  Military Monday - it certainly is, for me anyway.

Tonight I'm giving a talk for the Friends of Barnsley Archives at Barnsley Library on Barnsley Soldiers in the First World War.

Soldiers going over the wire in World War One
I'm a bit nervous, especially as I haven't been 100% for a few weeks, but I'll do this talk if they have to prop me up!  I am hoping that this will be my breakthrough talk and that having demonstrated I can perform to the required standard then more requests might come in.   I may not be able to go out to work any more, but given time to prepare and plenty of rest beforehand maybe this will give me something to look forward to in the future.

I'm going to give it a quick run through now ... cross your fingers for me!

2 comments:

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

I came across this post on the Geneabloggers Pinterest page and was drawn to the photo. I'm very interested in WWI and I wish I could have heard your presentation. I hope it went well!

BarnsleyHistorian said...

It all went very well thank you. I will post some of the content of my talk as blog posts in the near future.

Linda